Friday, October 20, 2006

Portrait of the artist as Dorothy

Today has been a looooooong day. And I have been badly organised with my time and have just come home about half an hour ago and had to pack a bag because I'm going down to my mum's new house tomorrow straight from uni.

So I won't be around for a couple of days. I'll miss you guys!

Today was good, we had art and music. Both were fun. We had to take a photo of ourselves to art and as soon as our tutor started talking about self portraits I died a little inside, because, as you all witnessed yesterday, I am rubbish at drawing.

BUT, we weren't drawing, we were painting. And we had Van Gogh for inspiration and then had a variety of different paints to create different textures, eg. mixing with sand or sawdust or wallpaper paste and only the primary colours. It was brilliant and I was really pleased with the result, check it out!



So, I'm gonna be off for a couple of days now, but I'll see you all soon, hopefully with something interesting to say. Haha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mine would've looked like the paint threw up on the canvas LOL. I am THAT BAD.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I really like what you did there.

I can agree with Kristen... mine would have been awful!

Unknown said...

You need to put some eyes and a smiley face on it! Faces without features scare me! :) BUT, in spite of that, I like your painting. I think that's what my degree lacks.. more paint.

Oh, and hope you have had a nice time at your mums :) Hope you got spoilt with nice homecooking! xx